- June 15, 2012: The end of Wonks and the return to teaching.
- June 8, 2012: teachers hold strike authorization vote, deep dive on how we arrived at this stand-off, I predict that Superintendent Brizard will be out in 12 months.
- June 1, 2012: teachers union to hold strike authorization vote next week, video from CTU’s big rally, understanding the anger that’s motivating teachers.
- May 25, 2012: deep dive on teachers strike (now I think there might be one), 5,000 CTU teachers rally. Also: a former principal writes on why he moved his family to Indiana to escape CPS.
- May 18, 2012: end of Rahm’s 1st year, 17% of poll respondents support Rahm over CTU; 40% support CTU over Rahm. Majority support the longer day. CPS announces plans for 100 new schools in 5 years, including 60 new charters. Is CPS actually committed to school quality when it opens new schools? Also: I change my strike prediction. Maybe we’ll have a strike?